Gift of Life Michigan is a non-profit, full-service organ and tissue recovery organization for the state. Established in 1971, Gift of Life acts as an intermediary between donor hospitals and recipient transplant centers. Gift of Life employs nearly 200 people and provides all services necessary for organ and tissue donation to occur.
Gift of Life Michigan’s employees are passionate about their work, because they believe in – and witness firsthand – the impact organ and tissue donation can have in saving and improving lives.
Given the gravity of the work, Gift of Life provides its employees with ample support, both in a generous benefits package and through organization-wide activities that build camaraderie and teamwork. These efforts have been recognized by Crain’s Detroit Business, which honored the organization in 2015 as a "Cool Place to Work."
- Premium health care plan
- Company-paid dental insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 403(b), the non-profit equivalent of a 401(k) savings plan.
- Gift of Life contributes a percentage of gross monthly wages into a retirement account
- 16 hours of Personal Time Off (PTO also used for holidays) per month for the first three years of employment
- Sick time accrues at a rate of 12 hours per month
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursment for job-related studies after one year of full-time employment
- Up to 16 hours of time off for community service each year
- Longevity bonus
- On-site fitness center
- Free flu shots for all employees
- Free coffee and quarterly staff lunches
- Casual office attire on Fridays
Gift of Life Michigan honors and embraces a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds.
We are currently recruiting for the following open positions: